Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthday Blog... readers aren't getting any younger...

So it is now 1:57am on August 30th. In about 6 hours and 9 minutes, I will officially be 29 years old- even though for the past 4 months I have just been telling everyone I am 29 instead of 28.... Did I have something against being 28? I will never know... but I do know that 30 is just around the corner and dammit.. I am glad. Most people start to get successful in their 30's, and that is certainly my plan.

A lot has happened with the show since I last blogged. We've had several more rehearsals. One where we blocked the rest of the show. Once where just certain characters worked together on their scenes. Yes we even worked on the "naked" scene- as this is now being called towards middle of Act I. This is the scene where both Alex and Mitchell (me) lose control of their desires and tear each other's clothes off. Just when you think my character is about to go down "the extra mile," in storms my character's agent and we get two off=guard naked men scrambling for their clothes.... Of course the first thing for me to grab would be a pillow. Let's call this whole naked bit with the pillows a "Pillow Sham" (must give credit here to director, Sherry Coon for that phrase which I just had to include in this blog. Thanks Sherry!

Also, for this upcoming week's rehearsals, it is time for us all to put down the scripts and force ourselves to stumble over Douglas Carter Beene's phrase oriented writing. As of yesterday, I memorized the rest of Act I... Poor Act II- she's the neglected child currently. But I have a feeling that tomorrow (on my birthday) I will be taking at least an hour or two to start my memorization for my child once neglected.

It is also official,.. I suck at getting things done. I still have my website to launch, my bio to write for the program, songs to write for the band, guitar players to find, non-profit websites to finish, and yes.... oh yes.... spend more time at my computer doing work for the restaurant, which can be tiresome enough while I am at work for 10 hours- just to come home to more work. Boooo!

I am really hard on myself.. I really wish I could split myself into a second person, I would be AMAZING and would be on the ball for almost everything. So besides the intense emotional obstacles in my current relationship of almost 2 years, my never ending work at the restaurant, my lack of sleep and my submission to the dark side of my diet. I am doing great! And yet,... no one is reading my blogs yet.... Oh well... Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am anxious to hear what readers have to say. Good, Bad, or Indifferent.