Friday, August 21, 2009

Blocking: The Beginning

I just realize that my Audition never had a part 2. Hmmmm.... Well tonight we worked on blocking for about 1/2 of the first act. I have to say, I am feeling a little insecure about my acting at this point- and really hate my job. For the past 2 days I have had no choice but to put all my efforts into projects for work... Not even the gym just so I could go to rehearsal tonight feeling stressed and out of place and well just like a slacker for not doing any homework over the past couple of days. All I have to say is that THIS IS FUCKING HARD! Yes I just used profanity, but seriously if you had my life you would too.

On top of this show, I am also the lead singer of an "openly gay" rock band (trying to put together 6 songs to record sometime- now in November), I am GM of a restaurant where no one has the ability to complete any tasks without my direction and supervision, I have a significant other who has the worst communication skills on the planet (thus more stress), a cat that doesn't allow me to sleep, a dog that requires my attention 24-7- poops on everything except his fake grass- and chews on everything chemically toxible (is that a word) so the 2 hours I get between my insane job and rehearsal I need to spend cleaning up his vomit and at the doctors office where I basically blow all my birthday money from my Mother. I guess I really shouldn't complain, but life is just fucking out of control right now.

Away from the rant and rave and back to rehearsal.... :-) No I promise I am smiling. My blocking is going well... I seem to fall into that pretty naturally for some parts. But my exploration of the character ceases to be productive while I have this crippling script in my hand. I know what I am going to do. I am going to record the parts of the script that I need to learn and memorize by Sunday and just listen to them on repeat on my iPod. Jesus... I need like 5 personal assistants right now... Hell I'd even take one in the condition I am in.

But WAIT... there's more.... I have like 10 things to actually get done in regards to this show for me doing this show to actually be worth while. I need to:

1-Find some way to link my facebook, myspace, blog and twitter (once I set it up) to my www.louistrent.com homepage. Then I need to create a spot advertising this show I am in. Send out a mass email to all 1000 people in my contact list letting them now I am naked and come see me. God knows only how many will actually come. I guess there is only one thing worse than being gay and open about it, is being gay and on stage in a gay play and NAKED.

Strangely I am really okay with this. I have no clue how this is furthering my life, but I can almost promise that my sisters will NOT come to see this show- which is cool. However, most of my friends: Brian, Christian, etc. will all be there with bells on. The best part is that they will come see the show just because they love the concept of the show and love me as a human alien and not just to gawk over my naked body. Which there is really nothing to gawk about... yet.

Well this has been the first RANT blog of the series... Hopefully one day someone will read this blog and respond that there are other life forms in cyberspace. Until then. I need to learn my lines- FYI, I can totally relate to my character right now and how he must feel with all the pressure of life on his shoulders- yet still be what everyone expects him to be.... Superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am anxious to hear what readers have to say. Good, Bad, or Indifferent.